Outsourcing to Third Party Fulfillment — Webinar
June 24 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT| Free
Why and How you should outsource your fulfillment now!
Target Audience: C-Level Publishing Executives and mid-upper management of all publishing sectors
Covid19 has exposed the vulnerability of traditional distribution channels and created a new appreciation for digital products. These changes challenge traditional pick, pack, and ship strategies obsolete, and more dramatic distribution channel changes may well follow. For many businesses, operating your own, dedicated warehouse is a thing of the past, If you are already outsourced a regular evaluation of existing arrangements should be an annual event and part of your budgeting and strategic planning process. Our guest speaker will discuss the why’s and how’s of evaluating and implementing the use of third-party distribution services.
Why You Should Register:
- If you have been considering outsourcing your warehouse
- If you need to understand the value of outsourcing some or all fulfillment services
- If you need to move more cost from fixed to variable
- If you need to focus on what you do best – publishing competencies
then this webinar is important for you.
- David M. Hetherington, Chief Marketing Officer of knk Software LP and Member of the Board of Directors of BISG (Secretary).David Hetherington started his career as a manager in the book-manufacturing group at Simon & Schuster. He became Director and later Vice President of Book Manufacturing. He also had other key roles at Reader’s Digest, Wolters Kluwer Health, Columbia University Press and Baker & Taylor. In addition to that, he is adjunct professor at Pace University and New York University in their graduate schools of publishing.
- Brian O’ Leary is executive director of the Book Industry Study Group, a U.S.-based trade association that disseminates information, creates and implements standards and conducts research to benefit the book publishing supply chain. Before being named to this role in 2016, O’Leary was principal of Magellan Media Consulting, which helped publishers improve how they create, manage and distribute content. In that role, O’Leary wrote extensively about issues affecting the publishing industry. With Hugh McGuire, he co-edited Book: A Futurist’s Manifesto (O’Reilly Media, 2012).O’Leary served as senior VP with Hammond Inc. and oversaw production and distribution operations at several Time Inc. magazines. O’Leary joined Time Inc. after earning an M.B.A. from Harvard Business School. He also holds an A.B. in chemistry from Harvard College.