knkPublishing for Trade Book and Media Publishers
Increase profitability by implementing future-proof publishing software providing Trade Book Publishers with a variety of functions to manage and market printed and digital products.
knkPublishing helps trade book publishers to prosper in operations with both digital and print assets. Our publishing software offers special functions for trade book publishers working in children’s books, juvenile trade, trade or mass market paperbacks, audio books, large prints and belle lettres.
Get inspired! knkPublishing software enables you to establish collaborative processes across all departments of your organization and to increase revenue streams by natively including digital products into your product mix.
From the acquisition of new, potential best-seller authors, from the conception of new products to the final sale to the customer on a multi-channel base, all processes can be managed within one single system – knkPublishing.
Prosper from the digital change
knkPublishing supports modern trade book publishers along the entire value chain from the first product idea to the final sale, on traditional and new digital channels. Projects and products may be defined at the lowest level, from a saleable paragraph to a series bundle, from the editorial and book production stage, all the way through to royalty accounting at the end. Metadata for each product format (also those not developed yet) can be defined and extended individually without additional programming, preparing your organization for future growth. Best seller titles might be published in all formats (hard cover, paperback, audio book, ebook …) reducing manual processes to a minimum.
Review some key aspects provided by our publishing software knkPublishing for Trade Book and Media Publishers by department:
Content first – Minimize the effort spent on administrative tasks and focus on your core business – your authors and content
During the last years, the number of administrative tasks for editors has been constantly growing. The new diversity of products (print, digital, online learning platforms, chapter sales and bundled products) for educational and academic publishers, forces editors to spend more and more time every day on managing files and countless versions of miscellaneous information, instead of working together with their authors and editing content. Conceptualization and manipulation of content in the editorial department is the bread and butter for production, sales, and marketing to bring products to market.
The Editorial Office module of knkPublishing was specially developed to efficiently support the creative processes in the editors’ every day work. It provides editors with specific views and functions that minimize manual work and internal coordination, and critically, is flexible enough to support all publishing formats – past, present and future.
Reduce production costs by standardizing your pre-calculations
Defining product templates for each product format (printed book, e-book, enriched e-book, app), standards can be established, leading to economies of scale for internal and external costs such as purchase orders for paper or services. Calculations can be linked to original supplier price lists. Comparing calculated costs and expected revenues results in calculations that will reliably predict a product’s success, reducing flop rates and improving profitability.
360° view of your customers
knkPublishing is an integrated business software system for publishers combining information across the whole organization. Looking over your customers in detail, knkPublishing enables you to analyze their buying behavior as purchase information from different channels and across different brands is aggregated in one single system. Enriched information about the customer profile can be easily added to their account data. As profiles may be defined individually, you can track any information that adds value for your business. (Interests, social and demographic characteristics).
Reduce manual work within your royalty accounting period
The integrated royalty software within knkPublishing enables you to reduce the manual work within the royalty accounting period to a minimum. Contracts are concluded on a content level. Contents can be linked to any format within the knkPublishing product management suite, so that sales figures of different formats are directly available within the publishing software knkPublishing. Advance payments can automatically be considered within the accounting of a scaled royalty across different formats, also respecting varying terms across those formats.
Increase revenues by selling permission
Selling translation rights of best seller titles across the globe has become a substantial business for modern trade book publishers. In addition, selling rights for films, audio books, merchandise articles or promotional campaigns with international brands are often part of your business. To efficiently handle the wide range of new possibilities in accordance with the author’s contract, a reliable publishing system handling all those coordination and communication processes is necessary. knkPublishing provides you with all the important data about the author, his contract, contact information, licenses sold on a title and all related licenses at a glance.
Why Choose knk and knkPublishing
- More than 25 years helping publishers -Our team are thought leaders and experts in the publishing industry. We know the challenges you face and we know how to drive sales and profits. We know that process optimization must go hand-in-hand with software. Our members are experts in both.
- Microsoft’s only Gold-Certified Partner for Publishing – Gold-Certified Partners represent the highest level of competence and expertise with Microsoft technologies and have the closest working relationship with Microsoft. knkPublishing is based on Microsoft Dynamics, used by more than 110,000 companies globally. It is completely integrated with other Microsoft products such as Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.), Microsoft Azure, CRM Online, Microsoft Power BI, etc.
- Modern Technology – Microsoft invests about a billion dollars per year in R&D. No other provider of publishing software has such enormous resources being invested in the improvement and modernization of their solution. Whether you are interested in data science, machine learning or picture recognition, knkPublishing is the solution leading the way.
- Worldwide User Base – Different from most competitors, knk serves media companies globally and brings inspiration and perspective from the newest trends in North America, Europe and Asia.
- Diverse Team – knk’s team is spread over ages 16 to 72 with an average age of 33, as knk is attractive both to young people and to experienced publishing consultants. knk is rated as a “top employer” investing heavily in employee education and offering challenging new technology and its application to the media business. Thus knk has a healthy mix of staff born into the new digital technologies as well as experienced business consultants in their project teams.
Related Press Releases and Blog Posts
About the Need for even more Receipts, Cookbooks and Agricultural Data Hangzhou, 06/12/2018. Today I went shopping in an Alibaba showcase shop, and later in a hema market in Hangzhou, [...]
What to consider starting with social listening projects Social Listening, often referred to as Social Engagement, has matured from its beginnings several years ago as a new marketing tool. Originally conceived to help identify trends [...]