knkPublishing Periodical Media, Subscriptions and Newsstand Distribution
The management of periodical media includes magazines, loose-leaf books, online databases and other types of magazines published in print or in any digital form (incl. the sale of apps).
The contract management (subscriptions) can be standardized and is easy to use by defining subscription templates. The templates contain a selection of individual parameters, such as minimum subscription period, cancelation period, specific prices and accounting frequencies, which can be defined individually.
Through the integration in knkPublishing all customer data (such as address and bank accounts) including the relevant accounting data are taken over automatically while creating a subscription. Therefore, the invoices based on the subscription can be initiated directly from the subscription contract card and will be transferred to the financial accounting automatically – without any additional manual work.
knkPublishing supports the following subscription types:
- Annual subscription
- Online subscription
- Student’s subscription
- Time-limited subscription (seasonal subscription)
- Recruit-a-friend and gift subscription
- Quantity subscription (e.g. by companies)
- Single/Special copy sale
In addition to the management of subscriptions, procurement quantity management (for kiosks and stations bookshops) and single copy sales (direct sales, reorders) knkPublishing also includes integrated cancelation management and functions for optimizing shipments and postage as well as extensive reporting possibilities.
Overview of the most important functions:
- Management of periodicals (periodicals, magazines, reference books with basic series and actualizations) print and online
- Clearly structured subscription contracts (incl. fast subscription entry)
- Differentiated price management
- Management of marketing campaigns (incl. recruit-a-friend) and promotional material
- Conversion of trial subscriptions to standard subscriptions (integrated deadline monitoring)
- Automatic optimization of shipments and postage
- Automatic creation of a history for each subscription (overview over shipments, invoices, returns, credit memos, returns and cancelations)
- Management of alternative invoice recipients and shipment addresses
- Management of delivery blockings
- Management of returns
- Reporting (subscription life time analysis, analysis of circulation and sales regions)